Yes, today is valentines day. If your single, I bet you cringed inside. You are thinking Oh great, Valentines day.
Today there are expectations of if you are single, you must be sad on Valentine’s day.
Why WHY WHY do Christian girls think its okay to feel sorry for them self’s and mope around on Valentine’s Day!? That’s what the movies, magazines and media tell us, that without a man on VDay, you should feel lonely and worthless.
As a single Christian high school girl, I refuse to follow the moping mold.
Let me remind you ladies, why we don’t need to mope, as I remind you who our savior is and the perks of following Jesus.
- As a Christian, I wont be “foreverrrr alone” ever. I have Jesus in my heart, and He’s not going anywhere.
- Jesus died on the cross for me to experience real life, so I know his love is real.
- God created me and cares about me, even me, a broken messed up sinner.
- Jesus understands pain and wants to comfort us through it.
- STOP comparing yourself to the girls in relationships, it is stealing your joy.
- in order to stop comparing your self, avoid scrolling through social media today.
- Focus on all the blessings God has given you.. not the fact that you don’t have a boyfriend.
- Jesus Christ wants to fill your heart up with his love, spend time giving him your heart instead of wasting time looking for acceptance from guys.
- I am valued and loved by the creator of the world. wow. say that out loud rn
- Avoid watching that lovey dovey chick flick today, read Romans 12 instead.
- Jesus Christ loves you with the most amazing redeeming love.
- He has given you a future, in heaven, not hell
- Jesus has redeemed you from feeling shame or sinful, He has already forgiven you!
- God’s love towards you is so real, other people need him.
Today, why not make Jesus your valentine, He is the one worth getting to know.
Rejoice that you have been redeemed by a loving savior, you do not need to feel shame or depressed today.
Let your joy be evident and let people know why you aren’t sad today, they need to hear the truth, and today is the best day to share your faith.
Walk in the truth that Jesus loves YOU for YOU, and his love will never fail.
Ladies, a love like that is way better than getting candy from a guy.
There is no excerpt because this is a protected post.